Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summertime Welding...Hot, Hot!!!

Hey, to all who is reading this blog!
I know not many so far, that's ok. I'll be found sooner or later.
Just wanted to update the blog sheet.
Summertime Welding.... Can it get any hotter? This is summer in Ohio that I am talking about. I know in other states it can get alot hotter! The thing about welding is that you always have to be covered. Can't take off your clothes and weld! ha. Although I have to say the college I work for is air conditioned, But it still gets hot from time to time.
Has anyone ever welded with a fan blowing on them? I worked in a factory for years before coming to an air conditioned classroom and lab. We would put a on a fan, (Basically to move hot air around), then some guys would wonder "why they were getting porosity?" I would just laugh.
Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Happy Welding....Von Miller

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you get the fan on the right angle it wont blow the gas away :) I also find using mentholated salves is refreshing, ice cold gel or tea tree oil, works better and longer than your usual wet bandana (which usually turns into a warm soggy mess)