Wednesday, March 30, 2016

I'm Back!

Hi All! I'm Back!!!
Sorry to be gone so long, didn't realize it had been that long. Time sure does fly by...

Anyways back to Welding!

I'm now working at 2 colleges teaching Welding Labs and Theory classes along with Codes and Procedures.

I am planning to get my CWI soon, possibly in June. CWI stands for a Certified Welding Inspector.
This will allow me to be able to test welders at our college and out in the field as well. Will keep you posted on how that is going. It is a lot of paperwork, an eye dr. apt. and a week class with testing on a Saturday. It's also pricey as well, but is also rewarding when you have it. Like I said will keep you posted on the journey.

Well class at 6pm tonight we are looking at the AWS D1.1 code and filling out WPS, and WPQR. In my 8pm class tonight we are learning about the theory of GMAW and the Metal Transfers. Now there is a topic for next post!

Better get to class!
Happy Welding Everyone!
Von Miller

No comments: